How to Experience New Life in Christ
Everyone is a sinner and in need of God
• “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
God loved us so much that he gave His son to die for our sins.
• “But God commended His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
Without Christ, death separates us from God forever. Eternal life comes by trusting Jesus Christ.
• “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23
In order to begin your new life in Christ, you must believe that Jesus died for your sins and declare that you receive Him as Savior.
• “If you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and will believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
This is God’s promise to you–if you trust Jesus, He will save you.
• “For whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13
If you would like to make a decision for Christ, or have already made a decision for Christ, please let us know. We invite you to contact us and visit with us. We can help you grow in Christ and walk with him daily as a life-long disciple. Please email our pastor: email@example.com.
If you have experienced new life in Christ here are some steps you can take to help further your relationship with Christ:
1. Begin attending a Bible–believing church on a regular basis. If you do not already have church to attend, we would like to invite you to worship with us at New Salem. Regular church attendance is important because it will help you learn about God and encourage you to mature in your relationship with Christ.
2. Begin reading your Bible daily. This will allow you to learn directly from God instead of having to rely solely on what other people say or have said.
3. Begin praying every day. While prayer may be intimidating at first, just remember that prayer is simply a conversation between you and God.
4. Be baptized. While baptism is not necessary for salvation, it is one of the earliest acts of obedience for a Christian.
5. Apply the teachings of Jesus to your life. Putting what you learn into practice can be difficult, but every day is a new opportunity to grow in Christ. He will help if you ask.